The last recipe in this SOS series and my new favorite!
The flavors are almost universally pleasing and easy to make (thanks to the store-bought condiments). This is the ultimate in crowd-pleasing. It was approved quickly by everyone in my life: friends, family, and kids. Most importantly, I agree with it.
What about the simplicity but also the layers? What is the balance of salty-sweet, tangy, buttery sesame and tangy? It’s hard to say what made me so enamored with this dish, but it is delicious. I could eat it every night for a week without getting tired of the taste.
Toasted brioche always does it for me – you get that signature crispy inside, soft squishy outside, and I’ve found that I enjoy these with a shmear of yum yum sauce! It’s mild, sweet, and creamy. We used it two weeks ago to make Chili Crunch Tofu.
The chicken teriyaki hamburgers are juicy, caramelized, and cooked in just a few minutes. On top, the sesame slaw is tangy, vinegary, and delicious. Just thinking about these burgers makes me drool. GO!
Make the Sesame Slaw
Add sesame oil and Salt to the cabbage.
Toast Your Buns
I use brioche rolls and toast them on medium heat in a skillet until golden.
Make The Burger Mix
You must mix ground chicken, teriyaki, and panko with some salt and garlic.
Fry Your Burgers
I divide the chicken into four chunks and form them into burgers. Then, I fry them in batches on a grill or nonstick pan.
Teriyaki Burgers: How to Assemble Them
I use Yum Yum Sauce on the buns, both top and bottom, then add a burger, slaw, and gently press it all together to make a delicious sando.
Chicken Teriyaki Hamburgers
- One lb. ground poultry
- 1/4 teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Shredded cabbage
- One tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- One tablespoon of rice vinegar
- One teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Green onion (optional)
- Two tablespoons of avocado oil. Fry your food
- 4 Brioche buns
- 1/4 yum yum sauce
- Toss together the ingredients for the Sesame Slaw. Taste and adjust.
- To make the Burgers, combine chicken, teriyaki, panko, and Salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with (clean) hand. Form into four large patties.
- Fry Burgers: Heat a little avocado oil on medium heat. Add the burgers into the pan, and cook them for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Flip the burgers and finish cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Cook until the burgers are no longer pink or a meat temperature thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast Buns – Wipe the pan if you see any burned bits. Please place them in the skillet with their cut sides down on medium-low heat to lightly toast your buns.
- Assemble the Burgers: Spread yum-yum sauce on top and bottom of buns, then place a hamburger and top it with sesame slaw. Enjoy your life. Press the burgers together and slice them. These are my favorite burgers.