When I was eating some granola, I wished that it was a sweet cookie. The idea for these cookies was born when I wondered if you could combine the two. We were thrilled to find out that it was possible after some experimentation. And it is SO delicious! This is the cookie for you if you want a healthier cookie that’s packed with nuts and seeds. Only one bowl is needed, and just ten ingredients. We’ll show you exactly how to make it!
The base for these cookies is a mixture of almond and cashew butter sweetened with maple syrup. These cookies are oil-free and have a nutritional boost from the nut butter.
These are also glutenless Cookies, which rely primarily on rolled oats. (Yay for whole grains!) Similar to granola. Nuts and seeds also enhance the granola vibes (we used almonds and chia seeds), plus dried fruit.
Coconut sugar is the perfect sweetener to keep them from being “Wait, this doesn’t look like a cookie.” Baking soda and sea salt give the cookies a slight rise.
- 1/4 cup cashew or other nut butter
- Almond butter or another nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup rolled Oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- We used almonds.
- We used tart-dried cherries that were unsweetened.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. (176 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix cashew butter with almond butter and maple syrup in a medium-sized bowl until well combined. Mix baking soda, coconut sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add rolled oats to the bowl, followed by chia seeds and chopped nuts. Stir ingredients well to distribute evenly.
- Use a 14-cup cookie scoop or two large spoons to scoop out the dough. Please place it in your hand and gently press it between your fingers to form a thick cookie with a diameter of about 2 inches. Cookies will not spread out much, so you can place them close together.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to brown and the tops are firm and pale. Let the cookies cool down before eating. These are delicious when served with milk.
- Allow to cool to room temperature or store in the freezer for up to one month.